Sunday, January 15, 2012

Overpopulation is a Life Changer

This is just a rant.  A rant about people and how they (we) live their (our) lives.

I remember hearing this summer about a drought in Texas, farm animals were starving to death because there were no crops.  If we suppose this is an act of global warming and we can link it to human activity, I wonder how many people affected by the drought changed their way of living. 

Did any of them drive their car less?  Did any of then consume less junk that they do not need anyhow just for the benefit of reducing factory emissions, or did they continue their consumer happy, greedy, lifestyle? 

Did anyone in Texas think "Whoa this is getting worse, gotta do something."?  Probably not.

A lot of people only live for the here and now, I want this, I want that, they do not think of long term implications such as destruction of the planet used to make the item, waste, or even debt.

The same thing is true of family planning, or more correctly, lack of family planning.  "I want a kid" is the thought, never mind if the person is ready (financially, emotionally) to be a parent, or if the planet even needs more kids.  All that matters to a person is that they want a baby, then another, and another.  The next thing you know they are complaining about how tired they are, how much work three kids are and how they have no money.

How is this connected to the drought in Texas?   I almost forgot.  I guess what I am saying is that if we are having more weather problems, and if they are related to human activity, why would anyone who is so concerned continue to pump out children?  If thousands of cattle are dying because we cannot feed them, what are we going to feed our people if we have drought after drought knocking off cattle, and more and more people wanting to be fed? 

It's a no brainer really, less people equals fewer problems, but most of us will be dead before the real crisis hits, it will be felt by our kids and grandkids - and the more of them we have made, the sooner the real problems will be realized...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! I believe in overpopulation before but I wonder how it really works because all of us will notice that if you are ridng an airplane, you will see that the planet is not over populated at all. The truth will set you free. I believe that words from the Lord. I think over population is not true. What I think is true is GREED. Rich 1% of the society can feed the whole world but they don't want to. They want to kill 3 billion souls so that they can stay in power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @bran I don't agree with your stance that over population is a myth. We must not take this population thing easy. Let us control the world's population before we all starve to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, It was indeed a professional work. I appreciate the work you have done. You got numerous positive points there. Thanks for sharing..

    VCS Pets First

    ReplyDelete